The JCA Youth Academy will:
- Organise a range of events to provide competition across all cycling disciplines for children between the ages of approx 6 and 17 years old. The planned events / activities include:
- Mountain biking (off road)
- Circuit racing (principally Les Quennevais track)
- Road races (for children aged 12 and over)
- Time Trials (for children aged 12 and over)
- Training rides
- Provide subsidised equipment and kit to children and encourage this to be used and worn at all events.
- Provide an environment through coaching, guidance and training where children can safely develop their competitive cycling potential to a level appropriate to their abilities, level of fitness and commitment to the sport.
- Encourage high standards of behaviour and discipline by instituting a code of conduct and encouraging children to abide by this.
- Support children who demonstrate high levels of ability and commitment and wish to progress further in the sport to establish links with professional coaches/teams to facilitate such ambition.
- Organise and support attendance by Academy members at ‘off island’ events – likely to be British Schools Cycling Association (BSCA) regional and national championships plus British Cycling events.